15
Losing My Religion by REM
Sometimes I like this song, sometimes I don't. But I think it deserves a spot on my countdown. It was a pretty huge hit in 91.
14
Traveling Not Running by EMF
Not a great live performance, in my opinion...But the song itself was one of my favorites in 91. My best friend and I listened to the EMF tape constantly. And this song often turned up in "mixes" we would make dedicated to our crushes...Yes, we did that. I don't consider it lame, I consider it creative...
13
Can't Let Go by Mariah Carey
12
Here We Go by C&C Music Factory
This reminds me of gym class in the spring of 91. When my friends and I weren't skipping gym for phony guidance counselor appointments, we'd huddle up and sing C&C Music Factory songs...among others. We weren't exactly athletic...
11
I've Been Thinking About You by Londonbeat
Spending My Time by Roxette
9
Iesha by Another Bad Creation
Is it weird that I'm including this - and it's actually in my top 10? Proabably. But in my 1991, I loved it!
8
Disappear by INXS
7
Just Another Dream by Cathy Dennis
6
Freedom 90 by George Michael
5
Rush Rush by Paula Abdul
I like the song, I do...but without the video, it probably would not be as high on this list. You see, it came out in what I call the "summer of Keanu". I saw Point Break three times in the theater and then went out and rented EVERY Keanu film I could find. And then this video came out. I must've watched it 100 times a day. It was the best, to me, back then!
4
Hold You Tight by Tara Kemp
3
Hazard by Richard Marx
I was slightly obsessed with this song/video when it came out. Slightly.
2
Conviction of the Heart by Kenny Loggins
Always a favorite! I still listen to it quite often.
1
Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog
Honestly, I didn't know this song existed back in 91. But I discovered it a few years later. So it counts. Retrospectively.
Next...1992!
3 comments:
I was married, in grad school building a house....so I know little music from 1990's.....I love checking these out!!!!
I am so glad I urged you to blog. I know you would be obsessed like me. I am calling DHR. My poor nieces and nephews are being neglected. revive the nanny cam!!!!!
Hey! i just swung from Charnita's place.
Dreamline
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYkUre8FWIQ
Post a Comment