In their earliest days, the members of the Rolling Stones played for nothing - and even had to borrow equipment from other bands to perform. But a mere two years after their formation, two different opinion polls named the Rolling Stones as England's most popular group. Even more popular than The Beatles...Frontman, Mick Jagger gained attention for his songwriting partnership with bandmate Keith Richards, his role as the defiant, troublemaking leader of the group AND his many, many, many romantic relationships.
"I wasn't trying to be rebellious in those days," Jagger once said in an interview. "I was just being me. I wasn't trying to push the edge of anything. I'm being me and ordinary, the guy from suburbia who sings in this band, but someone older might have thought it was just the most awful racket, the most terrible thing, and where are we going if this is music?... But all those songs we sang were pretty tame, really. People didn't think they were, but I thought they were tame."
And over 40 years later, Mick is still leading the Rolling Stones - and still making rock n' roll history.
He was knighted for Services to Music, as Sir Michael Jagger by the Prince of Wales in December 2003. And in September 2007, Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones made $437 million on their A Bigger Bang tour, landing them a spot in the Guinness World Records for most successful music tour.
When recently discussing when the Rolling Stones would retire, Jagger commented: "I'm sure the Rolling Stones will do more things and more records and more tours. We've got no plans to stop any of that really."
VIDEO EVIDENCE
THEN:
NOW:
Coming soon...#2...
No comments:
Post a Comment