Tuesday, April 29, 2008

NEIL DIAMOND!!!!!

It's Neil Diamond week on American Idol - aka BEST WEEK EVER! I've never been this excited for an episode of American Idol! In celebration, I will do my top 12 Neil songs - in countDOWN form...


12 I'm a Believer


11 Crunchy Granola Suite



5 Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv0qWi_AeE

2 comments:

Charnita said...

Hey! I have never been a Neil fan- not that I didn't like him- just never listened. I looked at all these videos and decided i am a Neil fan after all.
Such diverse talent.
Do you know the song choices for tonight?

Emmalee said...

*******IDOL SPOILERS - MAYBE*******

I hear they will be singing 2 songs each and I just got a batch of SUPPOSED song choices for tonight (may or may not be true):

David A - America and I'm a Believer
(no surprise on I'm a Believer...I'm not a David A fan, but he'll probably do well w/that song...as for America, I'm not sure about that song choice for him.)

Brooke - Song Sung Blue and ???not sure what else, speculation of Sweet Caroline?
(SSB is probably a decent choice for her, could come off dull. I hope Sweet Caroline isn't true - I can't see that being good. But she could surprise me.)

Syesha - Red Red Wine and Play Me
(Depends how she does Red Red Wine. These could be good for her)

David Cook - I Am...I Said and Solitary Man
(Two of my favorites. I was hoping he'd do Forever in Blue Jeans, but I think he'll do very well with both of these.)

Jason Castro - Forever in Blue Jeans and September Morn
(Could go either way...FiBJ is probably a good choice for him since it's a little more upbeat.)

All of these are older Neil songs. I kind of find it hard to believe no one is doing anything current...So I don't fully trust these spoilers, but some of them would be GREAT!

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!