Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome to MY 80s!

I LOVE top 10 (or more!) lists, so I am going to dedicate my blog to top 10 (or more!) lists :-)


So here are MY favorite songs of the 80s! And I cannot just do 10! Too many great songs to include! You may or may not agree, but it doesn't matter. This isn't your 80s - this is MY 80s! It's subject to change, of course, but these are pretty much the biggest and best to me...though I did intentionally limit myself to one song per artist for variety's sake...

And, please, feel free to share yours, too!



1



Hold on to the Nights by Richard Marx



2

Heart and Soul by T'Pau



3

Straight Up by Paula Abdul



4


Out of Touch by Hall & Oates



5

I Remember You by Skid Row



6

Heart of the Matter by Don Henley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CHQHYxQ7k&feature=related
(this is the acoustic version - not much to choose from on youtube)


7

I'm Alright by Kenny Loggins


(this video is from a concert I went to in 2007 featuring Kenny and Richard Marx)


8

Jacob's Ladder by Huey Lewis and the News



9

All Night Long by Lionel Richie



10

Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears



11


Don't Stop Believing by Journey


12



Africa by Toto




13
Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil



14

Listen to Your Heart by Roxette



15

The Longest Time by Billy Joel



16

Alive and Kicking Simple Minds



17

Lay Your Hands on Me by Bon Jovi



18


Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson


(Cute video...but why is MJ hitting on his SISTER???)


19

Hands to Heaven by Breathe
You Got It (The Right Stuff) by NKOTB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmz8ygxruoc

21

Gloria by Laura Branigan


22

Waiting for a Star to Fall by Boy Meets Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OityKkm6t8k

23

Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J9rTZJBmw

24

St. Elmo's Fire by John Parr


(Great song, terrible movie)


25

Devil Inside by INXS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luobOzreRq4




26

Strut by Sheena Easton



27

Pride (In the Name of Love) by U2



28

Who's That Girl by Madonna

(Once upon a time I adored this movie...still have it on VHS...)




29

Eyes Without a Face by Billy Idol


30
Hold Me Now by Thompson Twins

5 comments:

Charnita said...

Very COOL. I love all these songs- I will have to think on this.
High school for me was 82-86- so I may just do a list of HS favorites.....

Anonymous said...

Lots of obvious omissions here:

The Spirit of Radio
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7sT8ep0ct8

Freewill
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpCASVFyQoE

Tom Sawyer
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DFsBcVMDA

Limelight
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGGdW4-UYbY

Subdivisions
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggVy7QsTsPw

New World Man
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UQo57V8vk

Red Sector "A"
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDJzYNrvSVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzXDi_f9PUY

The Big Money
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKFynkGE18

Time Stand Still
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzySVkMMqlE

YYZ
Rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbpzJRWz6rg


to mention a few.

Charnita said...

Rush fan, are you?????
Id this howard 2 or 3??????

Emmalee said...

Oh, it's Howard 3!

I know I like Freewill and Limelight and Tom Sawyer...I think Spirit of the Radio, too. Not sure about the others. I need a Rush cd!

Charnita said...

I never know he was a Rush fan.
and obviously OCD as well.

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!