Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My music of 1992...

I'm up to 1992 on my 90s countdown series. 92 was 9th/10th grade. As I reflect on the music of my high school years, I realize that a lot of the songs are more nostalgic/sentimental favorites - and some people might think I am completely insane for having them on my countdown... Sometimes the songs themselves aren't the best, but hearing them brings back certain memories. It's interesting how different people connect to different songs in different ways!

Funny side note: My husband is kind enough to peruse my countdowns. And he rates each song with a thumbs up, thumbs down, or side thumb. Thumbs up means he agrees with my a song's place in the countdown. Thumbs down, obviously, means I am insane for including a particular song. Side thumb means that while he may not love the song, he doesn't completely hate it. My 80s countdown got mostly thumbs up, a few side thumbs, and only 2 or 3 thumbs down. My Neil Diamond countdown got 1 thumbs down, the rest thumbs up. I can't wait to see how he feels about my 90s countdowns. Something tells me there will be a lot of thumbs downs! :-)







15


If I Ever Fall in Love by Shai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVHpsgvBxlw
There were many contenders for #15 on this list. This is the one I'm most feeling at the moment.



14
To Be With You by Mr. Big




13


I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred


12


End of the Road by Boyz II Men
The only Boyz II Men song I like.



11


Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) by Def Leppard



10


Everything About You by Ugly Kid Joe
Hmm...my favorite thing about this video used to be Whitfield Crane (the singer) - but now it is the dogs :-)



9


One by U2


8


Chains Around My Heart by Richard Marx



7
In Bloom by Nirvana
I am not a fan of Nirvana (well, Kurt Cobain specifically), but I've always liked this song.



6
Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover by Sophie B Hawkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVllKtvNHFs



5


Not Enough Time by INXS

It seems that INXS and Richard Marx are countdown staples for me!!!

4

Why by Annie Lennox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk4lCXt7JKo



3


Would? by Alice in Chains
I thought I was really cool when I "discovered" Alice in Chains back then...and I was.


2

All I Want by Toad the Wet Sprocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZpUUrEWnWQ



1


State of Love and Trust by Pearl Jam
One of my favorite songs EVER from my favorite band. This is the "unplugged" version.



1993 coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Rush didn't release an album in '92.

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!