Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bachelor 13, Ep 3 Recap

Episode synopsis:

Jason takes Stephanie on a date and surprises her by flying in her 4 year old daughter from Alabama. The three spend the day at the beach and then Legoland - which was closed down JUST for them. It was all very cute and sweet. (P.S. It was the little girl's birthday - could not have been more perfect!) Jason offered Stephanie a rose (made out of Legos, of course) at the end of the date, securing her for another week. Stephanie admitted (in her "confessional" type thing) that she's well on her way to falling in love with Jason.


Jason takes Megan, Naomi, Melissa, Shannon, Jillian, Nikki, and Erica (is that all?) on a group date to make busts for Save A Breast. Melissa reveals to Jason that she had a breast reduction in her teens because she was - get this - 30 FF. Yikes. Meanwhile, conversation runs dry for Nikki and Jason. Shannon cries for no good reason. Jillian gets the early rose on this date.


Jason takes Natalie on one heck of a date. They take a helicopter to Vegas and are then treated to a private concert from Kate Voegele. Oh, and Nat got to wear $1 million worth of diamonds for the date. Alas, it was a rose-or-go date, and Jason decided NOT to give Natalie the rose, eliminating her on the spot. Was Natalie upset? Yes, of course! And the kicker, as Jason was walking her out, some big, burly dude comes up to retrieve the jewels.



Back at the mansion, there was all kinds of cattiness. Everyone was bashing Natalie, saying she wasn't right for Jason. Lauren told Jason that Megan and Erica were awful people. Megan called her out on it. Oh, and this was ENCOURAGED by the host, Chris Harrison. Yep, he walks out and says "Speak freely!" Of course, the trouble makers jumped at the chance. Drama, drama, drama.
Blah, blah, blah.
You know how women can be :-D




My (quick and hastily written) thoughts following the third episode...

1) Stephanie is getting a pretty great edit! The story arc of her overcoming tragedy and learning to love again is touching...In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say she's being groomed as a contender for the next Bachelorette. Okay, I don't know better. Maybe she IS. My opinion, it's between her and Jillian. One of them could be the next Bachelorette. (According to my husband, who is kind enough to watch the show with me, Jason is not physically attracted to Stephanie. He noticed that on their date, Stephanie was standing, fully prepped for Jason to kiss her, but he turned his head. I didn't notice this, but it IS true that Jason has been so free with kisses this season. Why no kiss for Steph on the one-on-one?)


2) I still don't like Naomi. Or Molly. When Naomi told Jason she compared him to her ex? What the...? Why would anyone say that? And why did he kiss her after that? And then she made a big show out of going to re-apply her lipstick. Oh, please. And Molly...I don't know what it is about her. Does anyone else dislike her? Is it just me? (My husband cannot stand Molly either. Of the original 25 women, she ranked at the VERY bottom of his list. He was certain she would be eliminated the first night. I got news for him, Molly is a lock for final 4 - and maybe even beyond.)


3) Melissa and Jason are the best match. Hands down. Jillian seems to have an edge, getting so many early roses. However, I think when Jason is with Jillian, she's always the one taking charge, kind of dominating the situation a bit. But with Melissa, Jason seems to be the one in charge. It's just a better dynamic for romance, in my opinion. Besides, Jillian can't be the final 1 - she's going to be the next Bachelorette ;-)


4) Nikki...Well, on the first night, she was really impressive. She seemed very together - said all the right things, etc. But since then...she's kind of falling apart. And her kiss with Jason was...really...really...awkward. Seriously - rewatch it - it's weird. At about the 8:45 mark:





5) I like Shannon. I don't like her for Jason, but I do like her. I am almost certain that her being sick at the rose ceremony was a stomach virus - NOT a nervous reaction to the drama. Those sneaky editors. (According to my husband, every season has a crazy girl - and they all have a certain look about them. He thinks Shannon has the "look" and she is this season's crazy girl.)



My predictions for the next episode...


From what I can tell, he is supposed to eliminate 3 girls, but - according to the previews - it looks as if he might eliminate 4. If I had it MY way, he would eliminate Megan, Naomi, Shannon, and Molly. However, I predict he will eliminate Megan, Shannon, Lauren, and Nikki.


*Once again, photos courtesy of Dreamer @ Joker's Updates.




Reminder: The poll for hottest Bachelor ever is still open. Vote if you haven't voted!

No comments:

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!