50) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it away
OK, but ranked too high for a hard rock countdown, in my opinion.
49) Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
OK
48) Korn - Freak on a leash
OK. Don't care for it myself, but it's fine.
47) Kid Rock - Batwidaba
I copied and pasted this list from a vh1 message board and the person who typed it didn't know how to spell this song - and neither did I. And I don't care. I don't like it. I don't - and have never - considered Kid Rock to be hard rock. I don't know what genre it is...but this is one of those "which one doesn't fit" things. I say no to this one.
46) Anthrax - Madhouse
For sure - Anthrax is a lock on a countdown like this.
45) Foghat - Slow ride
OK. I don't like it, but I agree it should be on the countdown.
44) Cream - Sunshine of your love
OK.
43) Dio - Holy Diver
I don't remember this one. No opinion.
42) The Clash - Should I stay or should I go
I don't like this song. Surely there was a better Clash song out there.
41) Quiet Riot - Cum on feel the noise
OK.
40) Poison - Talk dirty to me
OK.
39) Boston - More than a feeling
Tough one. My first instinct is to say "ridiculous!" But I suppose it does qualify. So I will say OK.
38) Queen - Stone cold crazy
OK.
37) The Who - My generation
YES! I love The Who!
36) Van Halen - hot for teacher
??? I don't know what to say. I mean, I guess it can be on the countdown, but maybe it should be in the BOTTOM 50 rather than top. We're getting to some really big song now...I don't feel like this one fits in. No dislike for the song, but putting it ahead of The Who is...just...weird. My opinion, of course.
35) Alice Cooper - School's out
OK.
34) Heart - Barracuda
Another song I don't like. I personally would not include this on a hard rock countdown.
33) Greenday - Basket Case
NO! I actually like this song, but NO. It has no place on this countdown! Green Day is NOT hard rock. No way. NO WAY.
32) Ted Nugent - Cat scratch fever
Not to sound like a broken record (pun intended) but I don't like this song either. However, I can accept Nugent on the hard rock countdown.
31) AC/DC - Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Sure. I don't like AC/DC, but sure. They are allowed on the countdown.
30) Pearl Jam - Evenflow
BIG YES! Of course.
29) Joan Jett - bad reputation
I hate to see it ahead of Pearl Jam. I hate to see it ranked to high. Not feelin' it.
28) Foo Fighters - Everlong
OK...again, it's ranked a little high...and it's a strange choice of songs - there are harder Foo Fighters songs out there.
27) Whitesnake - Still of the Night
I don't know this song, but I do consider Whitesnake to be a hard rock band, so I will allow it. Gosh, I hope it's not some pansy ballad or something. If that's the case, NO. Otherwise, yes. I really should look it up and give it a listen, but I really don't care that much about it.
26) Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
YUCK. I can't even say anything else. Just YUCK. And why?
25) The Ramones - Blitzkreig Bop
Yes, OK.
24) Iron Butterfly - In-a-gadda-da-vida
OK.
23) Ozzy Ozbourne - Crazy train
OK.
22) The Jimi Hendrix Experience - hey Joe
OK, but why this song?
21) Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
OK.
20) Bon Jovi - You give love a bad name
OK. I think this is the right song for the list.
19) Rush - Tom Sawyer
YES! I'm so happy to see this here - and ranked so high!
18) Scorpions - Rock you like a hurricane
OK...but 18? A bit generous in my book.
17) Twisted Sister - I wanna rock
OK.
16) Kiss - Rock and roll all nite
OK.
15) Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Yes, definitely.
14) Iron Maiden - Run to the hills
OK.
13) Def Leppard - Photograph
OK.
12) Judas Priest - Breaking the law
OK.
11) Deep Purple - Smoke on the water
OK.
10) Motorhead - Ace of spades
Don't like it.
9) Van Halen - Running with the devil
This is a much better Van Halen song for this countdown. OK.
8) Aerosmith - Walk this way
Yes, good one.
7) Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Hate to say it, but OK.
6) The Who - Won't get fooled again
YES!
5) Metallica - Enter sandman
100% yes -- and I don't even care for the song...or Metallica in general, but if they weren't top 5, something would be wrong w/the countdown.
4) Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Same as above. Black Sabbath must be top 5 for a legit hard rock countdown!
3) Led Zeppelin - Whole lotta love
I've said before, I'm not a huge Led Zeppelin fan, so maybe it's that...but...I don't get this song being one of the top 5 hard rock songs EVER. Seems to me the other one on the list rocked harder.
2) AC/DC - Back in black
OK. Gosh, I really do not like AC/DC. Just thinking about this song hurts my ears.
1) Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
OK...but...well...I like it - I think it is by far the best GnR song, however it's weird to think this is #1. I almost think the stupid AC/DC song at #2 would've been a better conclusion to the countdown. By the way, I rock this song on Guitar Hero. I'm quite impressive indeed.
2 comments:
O.K. I AM too old for this- most songs I've never heard of and the ones I have I don't really like. Guess I'm not a hard rocker!!!
I like lots of these songs, and agree with your opinions on some as well.....as far as rankings and out of place;
Lots of these were in "my time" of course.
Post a Comment