Heathers
It's been called "the best high school black comedy ever made". But, for some reason, hardly anyone I know has heard of it. And then once I talk them into watching it...well, the reviews are mixed. If you don't get it, you probably won't like it. For me, at the age of 13, it was an awesome find in the corner of a tiny video store on a boring Friday night. I loved it - and my favorite was Heather Chandler (aka red Heather). I dubbed the movie (thanks mom and dad for having 2 VCRs!) and watched it practically EVERYDAY for weeks. My best friend and I would quote the movie often in our daily speak. It has some pretty great, memorable quotes.Plot: Veronica Sawyer is begrudgingly a member of the most popular clique in school, which happens to include 3 girls named Heather. When Veronica starts dating the new guy in school - a rebel named Jason Dean - she not only begins to pull away from the popular crowd, she begins killing them...accidentally?!?!
First 9 minutes of the movie:
For vids of the rest of the movie:
Cast:
Winona Ryder
Christian Slater
Shannen Doherty
Lisanne Falk
Kim Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment