Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FAVORITE MOVIE #9...

Mean Girls


I bought this movie when it was released on DVD. I didn't know too much about it - just had $20 burning a hole in my pocket, I guess. But I ended up watching it twice that day - and probably a couple dozen times since. It was written by Tina Fey (Saturday Night Live) and it is based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by Rosalind Wiseman.


The main theme of the movie is 'survival of the fittest'. The main character, Cady, enrolls in a public school after growing up in Africa and being homeschooled by her zoologist parents. And, of course, she quickly learns about the cliques of her new school - particularly The Plastics, a group of popular, self-involved mean girls. Cady soon finds herself battling between taking The Plastics down and desperately wanting to be accepted by them. Social warfare ensues.


Trailer:







Cast:


Lindsay Lohan


Rachel McAdams


Tina Fey


Tim Meadows


Amy Poehler


Lacey Chabert


Amanda Seyfried


Lizzy Caplan


Daniel Franzese


Jonathan Bennett


Ana Gasteyer


Neil Flynn




No comments:

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!