Sunday, June 15, 2008

FAVORITE MOVIE #6...

POINT BREAK


OMG. When this movie came out, it was my life. I had to CRY to get my parents to let me go see it! (It was rated R, I was just 13). I ended up seeing it 3 times in the theater. I think this was the first movie I ever went to see multiple times at the movies, in fact.

And here's a very pathetic fact - I actually took one of those mini tape recorders with me and taped the movie onto cassette! I have no idea why I did that. Guess I was just THAT obsessed with it. Again, I was 13...Oh, another pathetic fact - in 9th grade, my best friend and I did a report on skydiving and used footage from the movie for it! We got an A+! :-)




I think I still know this whole movie by heart. Quoting lines from Point Break in an asset in everyday life, believe me.




Basic plot: FBI agent Johnny Utah goes undercover to catch a group of bank robbers who might be surfers.





Original theatrical trailer:





a big chase scene:






Cast:


Keanu Reeves

Patrick Swayze

Gary Busey

Lori Petty


2 comments:

Charnita said...

LOVE THIS one too....
What are some quotes from it????

Emmalee said...

The lines we used to quote most...

Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

I am an FBI agent!

Punk. Quarterback punk.

Back off Warchild, seriously.

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Hasta la vista, baby!

100% pure adrenaline.

I caught my first tube today...sir.

The ride - the ultimate ride. (must be said in a squeaky voice like the character)

Vaya con dios, brah.

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!