Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FAVORITE REALITY SHOW #2...



I LOVE this show.


Basic premise: A group of civilians participate in various challenges to accumulate money to go into a group pot. But one of them is The Mole - a double agent who must secretly sabatoge missions to keep money OUT of the group pot.


But The Mole can't be caught. Their sabatoge must go undetected.



At the end of each episode, the contestants take a quiz in which they must not only guess The Mole's identity, but also know details of The Mole's role in every event. And the quiz is timed. So, not only do you need to know who The Mole is, but you have to pay attention to what they do, where they sit, what they wear, what they eat. The person with the lowest score on the quiz is eliminated. If multiple people have the same low score, the person with the slowest time is out.




The viewers, like the contestants, have no idea who The Mole is. So it's fun to play along!


Who did something suspicious?


If I was The Mole, how would I sabatoge this mission?


And, I'm not sure if they're doing it this season, but in previous seasons there were "clues" to the Mole's identity given within the episode or during the opening sequence. Those are fun to look for and speculate about!




There have been 5 seasons of The Mole so far, though 2 of them were "celebrity" editions. Not quite as good as "real people" seasons.



How it all began...


Season 1, Episode 1:









Season 1 Playlist - the ENTIRE season!!!!!!!



My favorite was season 2. I correctly predicted The Mole after only 2 episodes. Honestly, I had nothing to back it up. It was just a hunch. That's how I roll.

The Mole is finally back on ABC (Monday nights after The Bachelorette!) and so far, it's really good. There are some interesting characters on there for sure. I declared a Mole five minutes into episode 1 and I'm pretty certain I'm wrong, but I can't wait to find out!

This is a great show - if you've never watched it, you should definitely give it a try. It's far more interesting and intelligent than a lot of shows out there!

The Mole qualifies as a competition-based reality show. Shows in this category involve very challenges, both mental and physical, that result in someone winning a monetary prize.

Other competition-based show I've watched:

Survivor - I watched the first 4 seasons and then All-Stars. I think everyone knows what this show's all about. No need to explain.

The Amazing Race - I only watched one full season. It's a good show. Very exciting. I even printed out an application for it once! Never filled it out, though. But it would be a fun show to do.

And, my #1 Favorite Reality Show - but you'll have to wait 'til my next blog for that one!




3 comments:

Liz said...

Amazing. =]




TINY BUBBLES!!!!!!!!

Liz said...

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-mole-2-us--episode-11--part-3/926882776


You've gotta love me now. =]

Emmalee said...

Jess - you ROCK!

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!