Thursday, September 11, 2008

And the overrated 90s band is...

Nirvana.

I will admit, I do like a few Nirvana songs.

But, in my opinion, Nirvana gets WAY more credit than they deserve. Well, to be more accurate, Kurt Cobain gets more credit than he deserves. Repeating: That is MY opinion.

Dave Grohl, I like. Kurt Cobain, NO.

One more Great 90s Band of the Day to go.
I wonder who it will be?
Hmmm....


After that, I'm bouncing back to a TV-related theme for awhile.
:-D

2 comments:

Dullbert said...

Interesting....here's my take and I really have no strong opinion of them musically because I don't know enough of it, BUT when they burst onto the scene the one thing they did do was make it OK again to not to have to wear goofy makeup, Spandex and a perm ,they basically killed the hair band era. I remember seeing the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video for the first time with them absolutely jamming, and thinking at least they have the look of a rock band instead of a bunch of clowns.

Emmalee said...

Sure, that might be true...

But they are often treated as if they invented "grunge" music. They were far from the first making that kind of music and looking the way they looked. All they really did was commercialize it...

I can give credit for that, absolutely. But as far as mooning over what a brilliant talent Kurt Cobain was? I'm out.

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!