2) I am a crazy animal lady. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs (so far) and have re-homed many homeless pets over the years. I click on http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/ everyday to donate to needy animals (it's free!) and I support the ASPCA (http://www.aspca.org/). I'm not THAT crazy - I don't dress my pets up or treat them like people, but I do love animals and rally for them any way I can.
3) I ADORE television. Always have. Sitcoms, reality tv, soap operas. When I was little, my parents put a limit on the amount of tv I could watch each day. That's how bad my tv addiction was. Now that I'm older, I don't have quite so much time to watch tv, but I still have certain shows that I really get into and CANNOT miss. And, to take this quirk one step further, I have an oddly great memory about strange, obscure details of shows. In fact, I have a REALLY great board game about sitcoms of the 70s, 80s, and 90s - called Flashback - and I have NEVER been defeated. And that brings me to my next quirk...
4) I am very competitive. Whatever game I play, I want to win. Whether it's a scavenger hunt (gnome hunt!), board game, card game, whatever - I WANT TO WIN. Sure, it's fun to play, but it's a little pointless if I don't win :-) A couple examples of my competitive outlets:
- Hopper Series of Poker - a poker tournament consisting of me, my husband, his 2 brothers, and their wives. I won the first 20 game series and am leading in the second 20 game series...which is on hiatus - we play so sporadically. But check out the yahoo group --- http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hopperseriesofpoker/
- Fantasy TV - It's on summer hiatus right now, but all year, I play this and it's SO much fun! You draft characters from various shows and make a line-up to beat your opponent. There's a lot of strategy involved, which is fun. http://www.fantasyteevee.com/home.php
5) I'm into offbeat new agey things like feng shui, chakras, juicing, meditation, yoga. I have tons of books on these subjects and consult them when needed. Keeps the good, positive energy flowing. I won't go into it all too much - or maybe I'll blog about it another time - but, yes, this is another quirk of mine.
6) I am VERY creative. Non-stop creative. STRANGELY creative. A few examples: I write parodies of family get-togethers ( http://eghopper.blogspot.com/2008/05/gnome-nightmare.html) and Hopper Series of Poker games (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hopperseriesofpoker/files/)...make movies using The Sims to either make fun of or entertain friends/family...make up crazy games (like Fear Factor) for my daycare kids...and I even started my own soap opera (again using The Sims) --- http://www.youtube.com/user/emmaleehopper
I don't have a lot of blog allies, so Rebecca the cupcake maker, are you up for this? I tag YOU for 6 Unspectacular Quirks :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment