Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ME

If you don't know me - or don't know me very well, here is your introduction to Emmalee.


Words most often used to describe me are...

kooky
funny
creative
obsessive/compulsive
weird
and more than a few times my husband has
called me a "tree-hugging hippie"

I love yoga...and I'm into chakras and feng shui...So I can understand the "kooky" label.

As for "tree-hugging hippie"...I'm not so sure about that. Maybe it's because every so often I spontaneously decide to become a vegetarian. Maybe it's because there are times when I find animals (and even plants...) to be better company than humans. Maybe it's the fact that I'm constantly urging the need to "go green". Maybe it's because I tend to be overly sensitive to the plight of others. OR maybe it's just because I'm not above literally hugging a tree.


I make fun of everything. My family. My friends. Myself. Often in written form.
Or in cartoon form using The Sims:




Hence, "creative" and "funny".


I always have a thing of the moment. A certain food...ten nights in a row until I get sick of it. An activity...like blogging, which has taken over my life, it seems. My strict organization methods...like color coded list making. All examples of my "obsessive/compulsive" side. And I can't mention obsessive/compulsive without acknowledging my massive collection of TV shows on DVD. I can't help it. I love TV. Some favorite shows I have on DVD...








And now that I have written this, I realize that there's no question why "weird" is a word often used to describe me! But it's cool - at least I am not boring!

1 comment:

Charnita said...

I do not find you kooky at all.
And I have never seen you hug a tree.

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!