GILMORE GIRLS
I don't even know how to describe this show...It's smart, funny, touching...realistic but idealistic...if that makes sense. It's about a mother (Lorelai) and daughter (Rory) who live in a very cool little storybook town (Stars Hollow) full of interesting characters (the word eclectic comes to mind). The show is about relationships - mother/daughter, friendships, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, grandparents/grandchildren... The main thing most people notice when first seeing the show is the dialogue. It's fast-paced and filled with pop culture quips. Hopefully I can find some good video samples :-)
MY TOP 5 EPISODES:
#5 Wedding Bell Blues
(season 5)
Lorelai's parents renew their vows in an elaborate second wedding...Rory and Logan make out - after he tells her he doesn't want to be in a relationship...Luke and Christopher fight over Lorelai...It's a pretty packed episode. Personally, I like Emily's bachelorette party scene!
#4 They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?
(season 3)
(season 3)
Stars Hollow holds an all night dance marathon type thing. That in itself is quite humorous. But there's drama in the Dean/Rory/Jess love triangle...
#3 Kiss and Tell
(season 1)
Rory has her first kiss with Dean but is afraid to tell her mom...Thus Lorelai finds out through the grapevine.
#2 The Road Trip to Harvard
(season 2)
After calling off her wedding to Max, Lorelai takes off on a road trip with Rory. Important, ephiphanous (I think I just made that word up --- No, I didn't. Just checked. It's a real word.) moments are had by all. And Lorelai finally resolves to move forward with her dream of starting her own inn...
#1 The Festival of Living Art
(season 4)
The Stars Hollow Festival of Living Art! So great! I love the costumes! And the crazy townspeople! Why is there no video of this episode on youtube? Grr!
Though, there is a SMALL clip of it in the vid below:
Cast members share their favorite episodes...
Where you can see this show: Weekdays at 11/10c and 5/4c on ABC Family
No comments:
Post a Comment