Saturday, May 17, 2008

MY FAVORITE TV SHOWS #9

KING OF QUEENS



This show, if you aren't familiar with it, is about a married couple - Doug, a driver for IPS (just like UPS) and his wife Carrie. Carrie's eccentric father, Arthur, lives in their basement. The entire cast is hilarious. And there are SO many terrific episodes...narrowing it down to a top 5 is difficult. But, in doing so, I noticed that a lot of my favorite episodes occur in the final seasons. It's great - and rare - that a show can continue - or even exceed - their original success after so many seasons. But King of Queens did.
Aside from the laughs, I think the thing that draws me to this show is that it's so "real". It's regular people with regular jobs and regular problems. Normal jobs...normal faults...It's relatable - comforting, even.


MY TOP 5 EPISODES:


#5
POLE LOX
(season 8)
Doug has a stripper pole installed in the bedroom when he finds out Carrie has been taking strip-aerobics at the gym. Unfortunately, she's a horrible pole dancer. So Doug teacher her a thing or two...


#4
Furious Gorge
(season 7)
Carrie sends Doug to a support group for overeaters...But he ends up in a support group for men in abusive relationships instead.


#3
Fatty McButterpants
(season 3)
Doug is shocked to find out Carrie has been shopping for him in the big and tall department. Great secondary story: Arthur gets a "safety dummy" for security.


#2
G'Night Stalker
(season 8)
Doug starts getting emails from a secret admirer after karaoke night. When Carrie finds out, she desperately tries to get a stalker of her own.


#1
Present Tense
(season 8)
Doug and Carrie's best friends (Deacon and Kelly) give them an unflattering painting for an anniversary gift. So, Doug and Carrie fake a robbery to have the painting "stolen".
The first time I saw this episode, I laughed so hard I cried.


Where you can see this show: Weekdays at 4/3c on TBS and 6:30/5:30c on FOX

No comments:

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!