Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pearl Jam Countdown 16-20

By 1998, both my then boyfriend/now husband and I had memberships to Pearl Jam's Ten Club. And when we got our concert ticket order forms in the mail that spring, we were thrilled to see that Pearl Jam had a stop in Birmingham. Since each Ten Club member got 2 tickets to any show, we ended up with 4 tickets, so we invited 2 friends to come along. At the previous concert, the Ten Club reserved seats had been to the side of the stage. The floor was first come first serve, no seats, standing only...basically a giant mosh pit. But this time, it was different. There was no mosh pit and Ten Club seats were front and center. And we were lucky enough to be in the front row, right in front of guitarist Mike McCready. The show was, of course, awesome.

Set list included:
Release, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly(Dueling Banjos)/Corduroy, Immortality, Wishlist, Go, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)/(Stuff and Nonsense), Footsteps, Even Flow, Jeremy, Faithfull, Brain Of J., Better Man, Rearviewmirror, Porch, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Leatherman, Do The Evolution, Alive, Black, Baba O'Riley.


At the end of the concert, Mike McCready took off his sweater and tossed it to us. And we still have it. I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with it, but it's around here somewhere. Maybe I should wear it while I'm kicking butt at Guitar Hero!

And the countdown rocks on...





SONGS 20-16

20
DO THE EVOLUTION
(one of the FEW official videos released)
"I'm a thief, I'm a liar...There's my church, I sing in the choir"


19
ALIVE
The "story" of Alive from VH1 Storytellers - worth watching...


18
BETTER MAN
"Memories back when she was bold and strong...And waiting for the world to come along..."


17
BLACK
(unplugged version)
"Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head...I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning"


16
REARVIEWMIRROR
"Saw things so much clearer once you were in my rearviewmirror"




VOTE IN THE POLLS TO THE RIGHT! LET ME KNOW WHICH PEARL JAM SONGS YOU PREFER!

No comments:

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!