Finally, my five favorite Pearl Jam songs! And my final PJ concert memories...In 2003, we attended 2 more concerts: Birmingham and Atlanta. Both were in April and were held outdoors, which seems like a great idea...except that it was about 30 degrees for the Birmingham concert. The band even said it was the 2nd coldest concert they had ever played. I think it even snowed at one point in the show. It was so cold, but so worth it!
The Atlanta concert was much, much warmer, but it had its own drama. When my husband and I arrived, there was a huge line for the fan club will call tickets. It was so long that we didn't even bother with it. Instead, we hung out beside the line talking to some guy wearing a Free Tibet t-shirt. Then, suddenly, three windows opened in addition to the one everyone was lined up in front of. I'm sure we should have headed to the back of the line, to be "fair"...but we didn't. We just stepped up to one of the windows. A very annoying girl from Indiana with Lisa Loeb glasses had a problem with this and started yapping, but the guys she was with quickly calmed her down. It really wasn't a big deal. The concert wasn't going to start for about 2 hours and the tickets were pre-assigned, so it wasn't like we were getting better seats or anything. We simply saved ourselves some energy by not walking all the way to the end of the line. And we made a new friend, forever to be referred to as "Free Tibet"...I don't think we ever actually learned his real name!
Also worth noting, the 2003 tour was the last time PJ played any southeastern cities. That's why we haven't been to a concert since.
TOP FIVE!!!!!
5
I GOT ID
4
GO
3
GIVEN TO FLY
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL VIDEO - Someone - a fan - made this. But it's pretty cool! Well done!
"He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share...his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere"
2
STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST
Unplugged...from 1992
"in the age of darkness...want to be enlightened like I want to be told the end...end, yeah"
and
1
CORDUROY
I am posting 2 versions - both are worth watching, promise.
ORIGINAL VERSION:
ACOUSTIC VERSION:
"The waiting drove me mad...you're finally here and I'm a mess"
2 comments:
Actually, Given to Fly is my favorite....of all .
you starred it on your list for a reason.....
I do like Go and Corduroy as well.
Post a Comment