Friday, May 16, 2008

And my next countdown will be...

TV...

I love TV. I always have.

I would choose TV over a movie any day. I will watch the same shows over and over - in fact, I've already mentioned my extensive TV show on DVD collection. It's just one example of my obsessive/compulsiveness.

So, now it is time to depart from music and enter tv land for a countdown of my top 10 favorite scripted shows of all time. (By scripted I mean NO reality tv will be included...that would be an entirely different countdown that I may or may not do in the future...)

I will be posting one show a day (or more) for the next 10 days (or less) counting down to my very favorite show ever, giving some info and opinions on each show as I go.

But first, some honorable mentions. Shows that were considered, but didn't quite make the top 10...







The Cosby Show:

They don't make shows like this anymore...I'm sure that's been said a million times, but it's TRUE. Great, great, great show!


Best episode: "Theo's Holiday" from season 2.




Frasier:

Absolutely great show - clever, perfect cast. I think Niles is my favorite character.

Best episode: "Out With Dad" from season 7... and "Ham Radio" from season 4...SO many come to mind!





Friends:

This show had it's ups and downs for me. I could probably fill a whole post with reasons this show is not top 10 calibre, but overall, a good show with some very good episodes.


Best episode: "The One Where Everybody Finds Out" from season 5.

1 comment:

Charnita said...

you know, I can't watch tv because I become so addicted.
I am allowd only 2 shows at a time...by my own rule.
I have been breaking that lately adding 2 more.....
but with DVR, I can still get things done and watch a bit more.
Loving the countdown.....

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools my 2 stay at home daughters. Life is what we make it - and we choose to make it a wonderful, creative, magical adventure each and every day!